Basic Hydraulics 1
Introduction to industrial and mobile oil hydraulic systems.
Four days course. Textbook available.
* Please note: course dates are subject to individual state government COVID restrictions and requirements.
As low as NZ$ 2,200.00
This course provides vital information for a “quick start” in understanding what a hydraulic system is, and how it works. This provides a usable groundwork for maintenance technicians, trades people, sales people and junior engineers. This course promotes safety through the understanding of hydraulic principles, system components, and the dangers associated with hydraulic systems in general.
You will cover:
- Understanding lubrication
- Understanding viscosity
- Principles and basics of hydraulics
- Pumps, gear, screw, vane piston
- Check and other poppet valves
- Flow control valves
- Pressure control valves
- Directional control valves
- Hydraulic schematics
- Hydraulic safety
Note that there are no prerequisites for this course.
Hydraulics – Basics and Components
We have a 401-page textbook available, entitled “Hydraulics – Basics and Components”. This book can only be purchased by those who attend the course.
These are some of the topics highlighted in this textbook:
- Introduction to hydraulics
- Construction of a simple hydraulic systems
- Basic principles of hydraulic systems
- Hydraulic pumps and motors
- Cylinders and valves
- Introduction to filter technology
- Contamination type
- Which filter housings are available and when are they used?
- Introduction to accumulator technology
- Designs of hydro-pneumatic accumulators
- Accumulator stations
- Application examples, etc…